Union Labour and Employment Ministry along with EPFO had issued notification to their PF member for availing advance against their PF saving effective from March 28. The copy of notification along with the steps to follow is shared below.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 had been declared a pandemic throughout the world. So to help the salaried class tide over the economic crisis during the shutdown, the Government of India for all employees of establishments and factories in India who are members of the EPF scheme can benefit advance facility under the amended scheme.
The scheme permits withdrawal of PF amount which cannot be more than your basic salary and dearness allowance for three months or upto 75% of your PF account balance, whichever is lower. The advance issued such will be non-refundable. The facility is effective from 29th March 2020.
2. Your KYC should be added and approved by the employer. Go to 'Manage' and click on "KYC", your Bank, PAN and Aadhaar should be available under 'Digitally Approved KYC'. If this is missing then you cannot go for this benefit. You will have to add KYC first and then ask your employer to approve this KYC using a digital signature.
3. Then go to 'Online Services' where you will verify your bank account number by entering the last four digits of your bank account number which is already added in KYC.
4. Next, you will select the option "PF advance (Form 31)" I want to apply for and then the purpose of advance as "OUTBREAK OF PANDEMIC (COVID-19)"
5. Next, you will enter the amount of advance require and your detailed address and then upload a scanned copy of cheque or passbook. The amount you enter should be valid as per the amended scheme, else this claim will get rejected.
6. The last step is to generate an Aadhaar-based OTP. Once your claim is processed, the amount will be credited directly to the bank account within the next 10 to 15 days. Aadhaar OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with your AADHAAR.